TD Waterhouse Tower
79 Wellington St. West
Suite 2010, P.O. Box 104
Tel: +1 416 649 8053
Fax: +1 416 649 8101
Cell: +1 416 305 8589
Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional
Licensed Insolvency Trustee
Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals
Turnaround Management Association
Insolvency Institute of Canada
B.A. in Economics, University of Sheffield
Paul Bishop is a senior managing director in FTI Consulting Canada’s Corporate Finance & Restructuring practice. Mr. Bishop has more than 30 years of international insolvency and restructuring experience and has practiced in Canada, Great Britain and Bermuda. His areas of expertise include advising management, boards and other stakeholders of troubled companies, the formulation and implementation of reorganization strategies, business rescues and turnarounds.
Selected Professional Experience
• Financial Advisor subsequently Court Appointed Monitor Imperial Tobacco CCAA proceedings;
• Financial Advisor subsequently Court Appointed Monitor Payless Shoes CCAA proceedings;
• Financial Advisor and subsequently Court Appointed Monitor in the Sears Canada CCAA proceedings;
• Financial advisor to a leading multinational generic drug manufacturer;
• Financial Advisor to the USW in the successful restructuring of Stelco and Essar Algoma;
• Financial Advisor and subsequently Court Appointed Monitor in the Canwest Publishing CCAA proceedings;
• Financial advisor and subsequently Court Appointed Monitor in the Cinram International Inc. CCAA Proceedings;
• Restructuring advisor to a leading oil and gas construction company;
• Advisor to cross-border syndicate of lenders to a leading North American marketing company;
• Advisor in the out-of-court restructuring of several Canadian auto parts suppliers;
• Court Appointed Monitor in the Golftown CCAA Proceedings;
• Financial advisor to the lenders to New Food Classics and subsequently Court Appointed Monitor;
• Operated and divested The St. Georges Club, a Bermuda timeshare resort and hotel; and
• Financial Advisor to the Source by Circuit City in the Radio Shack CCAA proceedings.
In 2008 Mr. Bishop with four colleagues launched FTI’s operations in Canada. Prior to joining FTI, Mr. Bishop was a partner in the restructuring practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers in Toronto.
Mr. Bishop holds a B.A. with honours in economics from the University of Sheffield. Mr. Bishop is a chartered insolvency and restructuring professional, a member and Director of the Insolvency Institute of Canada, a member of the Turnaround Management Association and a Licenced Insolvency Trustee.