Evan Jason Zucker
Evan Zucker is Of Counsel at Blank Rome LLP. Evan represents debtors, lenders, purchasers, creditors' committees, and trustees in Chapter 7 and 11 proceedings. He is counsel to foreign representatives in Chapter 15 proceedings concerning Russian insolvency proceedings and related appellate proceedings. He advises national distributor of spirits and other beverages on litigation risk in contested litigation and negotiates settlements on their behalf.
Additionally, Evan is an Adjunct Professor at St. John's University School of Law where he teaches a class on bankruptcy practice.
Evan previously served as a law clerk to the Hon. Jerome Feller, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Eastern District of New York
During law school, he was the executive notes and comments editor for the American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review and a co-director of the Annual Chief Judge Conrad B. Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition.
Professional Honors, Publications and Activities include:
• Member of the Chapter 11 Lawyers' Advisory Committee for the United States Bankruptcy Court, E.D.N.Y.
• Recognized as a Rising Star in New York Metro Super Lawyers 2014 – 2017.
• A Powerful Tool For Tracing Foreign Assets In US (Law360)
• UNCITRAL’s Model Law on Recognition and Enforcement of Insolvency-Related
Judgments - a universalist approach to cross-border insolvency (INSOL International)
• Court-to-Court Communication and Letters of Request in Cross-Border Litigation and Asset Tracing
• QuadrigaCX’s Insolvency: Problems in Tracing and Recovering Cryptocurrency When Keys Stored in Cold Wallets Are Missing
• Steven B. Smith & Evan J. Zucker, Floating Ashore: An Overview of Puerto Rico's Financial Crisis and Potential Restructuring Alternatives, The Bankruptcy Strategist, Volume 31, Number 8 (June 2014).
• Author simulations for the annual American Bankruptcy Institute Mediation Program.
• The Applicable Commitment Period: A Debtor's Commitment to a Fixed Plan Length, 15 AM. Bankr. Inst. L.Rev. 687 (2007)
St. John's University School of Law, Queens, New York
J.D., cum laude, June 2008
Honors: Executive Notes & Comments Editor, American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review
Justice Harold Birns Award for Best Note in a Student Journal
Emory University, Roberto C. Goizueta Business School
B.B.A., High Distinction, Consulting & Venture Management and Business Law, May 2005
New York; New Jersey; Eastern District of New York; Southern District of New York; District of New Jersey