Daniel R. Fogarty
Daniel R. Fogarty joined Stichter, Riedel, Blain & Postler P.A. in 2006 after graduating with high honors from the University of Florida College of Law and then serving as a law clerk for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division.
Mr. Fogarty regularly represents debtors, committees, creditors, buyers, and other parties in bankruptcy cases and out-of-court workouts. He has served as lead counsel for the debtors in possession in the successful Chapter 11 cases filed by companies in real estate development, manufacturing, software development, and other industries. Mr. Fogarty has been active in numerous representations of small and medium-sized companies in Chapter 11 cases. Mr. Fogarty also represents debtors and trustees in Chapter 7 cases.
Honors and Distinctions
- Rated "AV" (highest rating) by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Listed as Florida “Rising Star,” in the area of bankruptcy/insolvency practice
in “Florida Super Lawyers” 2009-2015 editions.
- Listed, Florida's Legal Elite “Up & Comers” category recognizing lawyers under 40
years of age, Florida Trend Magazine, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Law Clerk, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa
- Internship: Honorable Paul M. Glenn, Chief Bankruptcy Judge, United States
Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- Selected a Member of National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges 2011 Next
- Selected a member of the International Insolvency Association 2013 Next
- Florida Law Review: Senior Editorial Board
- Book Awards: Torts, Income Tax, Secured Transactions
Memberships and Community Involvement
• Member, Hillsborough County Bar Association
• Member, Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
• Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
• Member, Florida Bar Business Law Section
- The Intersection of Health Care Law and Bankruptcy, Panelist, Tampa Bay
Bankruptcy Bar Association, November 2015
- Stern, Sharif, and the Purple Elephant - The Cramdown, Winter 2015
- May a Debtor Coming to the Bankruptcy Table Eat Smorgasbord, or Must the Debtor
Eat the Entire Meal?, Cramdown (Spring 2015) (coauthored)
- Spoliation of Electronic Information: In re Quintus Corp. by Daniel R. Fogarty April
Mr. Fogarty has headed up or has an active involvement in the firm's representation of:
• Scrub Island Development Group, Ltd.
• Biovest Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Bio-tech company)
• Phil's Cake Box Bakeries, Inc. (d/b/a Alessi Bakery)
• Bates Properties, Inc. (co-tenant of 2000 acre development in Pasco County,
• Creditors in In re Fundamental Long Term Care, Inc.
• Teamwork Retail, LLC (software development company)