Senior Managing Director
Chris Creger specializes in company-side advisory, interim management and creditor’s rights. Mr. Creger’s opportunities center around operational, financial and recapitalization advisory for clients in the healthcare, hospitality, distribution and logistics, retail, financial services, real estate, not-for-profit and energy industries.
Mr. Creger brings more than 15 years of experience providing financial advisory, turnaround and restructuring, M&A due diligence, profit improvement strategies and transaction support services to corporations, lending institutions, private equity firms, hedge funds and law firms. He has served as interim CEO, chief restructuring officer (“CRO”) and lead financial advisor on multiple major engagements involving clients from various industries.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Creger was a principal in CohnReznick’s Restructuring and Dispute Resolution Services Practice and was also previously associated with CR3 Partners, LLC and BDO USA, LLP.
Mr. Creger has been repeatedly recognized with prestigious industry awards such as TMA’s 2020 Turnaround and Transaction of the Year, and Global M&A Network’s 2020 Out-of-Court Restructuring of the Year. In 2021, he was one of ABI’s 40 Under 40 honorees; in 2022, he was featured in Secured Finance Network’s 40 Under 40 list. Mr. Creger is a frequent speaker for various industry associations and is regularly quoted in major news and business outlets including Bloomberg, Debtwire and the ABI Journal.
- CRO to a private distressed $225 million-plus for-profit hospital with specialty care business lines and facilities
- CRO to a 100-year-old family-owned business that provides essential check cashing services, collateral-based loans and purchases to communities throughout the state of New Jersey
- Deputy CRO to a $220 million-plus for-profit healthcare network (hospitals and special surgery clinics) with significant liquidity challenges, including government settlement negotiations
- Interim CEO of a private equity-owned $100 million-plus digital media and gaming company that implemented applications for various social networks
- Deputy CRO to an international distressed $115 million sales distribution company focusing on construction and off-highway earthmoving equipment replacement parts
- Financial Advisor to a multinational retail company's official committee of unsecured creditors through a $3 billion claims reconciliation and oversight process, ultimately becoming financial advisor to the post-effective date liquidating trustee
- Financial Advisor to a $160 million liquidating trust, including resolving associated preference action litigation and disputed pre-petition claims
Turnaround Management Association (“TMA”), former chair of New York Chapter’s NextGen
American Bankruptcy Institute (“ABI”)
Secured Finance Network (“SFN”)
B.S., Financial Economics, Centre College
B.C., International Business, Intercollege, Cyprus
M.B.A., University of South Carolina, Darla Moore School of Business
G.C., Strategic Innovation, University of South Carolina, Darla Moore School of Business