Bruno Kurzweil De Oliveira
Bruno has great experience obtained from his outstanding work in the largest and most complex restructuring cases in Brazil, having advised debtors, creditors and investors involved in the most challenging cases of restructuring, court-supervised and out-of-court corporate reorganizations and bankruptcies.
Bruno began his career participating in the Parmalat debt restructuring, having, since then, participated in and coordinated dozens of other successful cases involving debt restructuring. He has coordinated with foreign law firms the filing for ancillary debt restructuring outside of Brazil (Chapter 15), thus acquiring vast experience in litigations relating to cross-border insolvency cases and negotiations. His work in debt restructuring has been recognized in several legal directories, having had his name mentioned and ranked in publications such as Latin Lawyer, Legal 500 and Chambers. He is also a coordinator of the committee on bankruptcy law at IBRADEMP and a member of the NextGen at the International Insolvency Institute.
Bruno obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Law from the Catholic University of São Paulo in 2005 and his LLM in Bankruptcy Law from Columbia Law School, NY, in 2012.
• Jurisprudência Comentada: Tribunal de Justiça do Mato Grosso do Sul - Recuperação Judicial. Atos de Constrição Previstos em Contratos Garantidos por Alienação Fiduciária. Competência do Juízo da RJ. Cominação de Multa Diária. Possibilidade. Revista Brasileira de Direito Comercial, nº 01, Out/Nov 14.
• “A Reclusão Empresarial do Devedor Brasileiro”, Jornal Valor Econômico, edição de 1º de Outubro de 2013.
• “As Amarras da Recuperação Judicial”, co-author, Jornal O Estado de São Paulo, January 14th, 2013.
• “A sujeição de créditos: a data de existência par afins de créditos decorrentes de indenização civil na recuperação judicial”, co-author, Revista Dialética de Direito Processual nº 119.
• “A súmula 480 - Ponto final a uma leitura equivocada”, co-author, Migalhas, December 7th, 2012.
• “Privilege and Confidentiality – An international Handbook”, co-author, Brazilian Chapter, 2006, IBA – International Bar Association.
• Os limites da propriedade fiduciária na recuperação judicial - Art. 49, § 3º, da Lei 11.101/2005, co-autor, Revista de Direito Bancário e do Mercado de Capitais 2013 - RDB 62.