Angela M. Libby
Ms. Libby is an associate in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Restructuring Group. She regularly represents debtors, creditors, banks, hedge funds, asset purchasers and other strategic parties in a wide range of corporate restructurings and bankruptcies, including domestic and international restructurings, prepackaged and traditional bankruptcies, out-of-court workouts, DIP and exit financings, bankruptcy litigation and Section 363 sales.
• Ad hoc group of GenOn Energy Inc. noteholders in connection with GenOn's chapter 11 restructuring and M&A process.
• Bank lender in connection with the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority ("PREPA") restructuring efforts.
• Merrill Lynch Commodities in connection with negotiating amendments and superpriority liens related to its derivative exposure in the ExGen Texas Power, LLC. chapter 11 restructuring.
• The agent, working with a steering committee of lenders, for Pacific Exploration & Production Corp.'s $1B revolver in connection with Pacific's restructuring, which included a CCAA case, a Columbian Ley 1116 and a Chapter 15 case.
• The ad hoc group of holders of notes issued by the Governmental Development Bank in connection with the Puerto Rico's ongoing restructuring efforts.
• The agent, working with a steering committee of lenders, in connection with Harvey Gulf International Marine's successful prepackaged chapter 11 case.
• An ad hoc group of unsecured bondholders in the successful pre-arranged bankruptcy of Memorial Production Partners LP
• The agent and arranger in connection with an $800M debtor-in-possession financing and agent for the approx.. $2.8B pre=petition first lien credit facility in connection with Peabody Energy Corp.'s chapter 11 proceedings.
• The agent for the senior term lenders in the successful prepackaged bankruptcy of Key Energy Services.
• The note purchasers, exchanging noteholders and lenders in connection with a $400M debt out-of-court recapitalization and subsequent chapter 11 proceedings of Venoco, Inc.
• Investors in connection with bonds secured Schahin II Finance Company (SPV) Limited and secured by the Sertão vessel
State of New York; U.S. District Court, E.D. New York; U.S. District Court, S.D. New York
A.B., History and Religion, Dartmouth College, 2008
J.D., New York University School of Law, 2011
American Bankruptcy Institute