2022 III International Insolvency Studies
The International Insolvency Institute is pleased to announce its 2022 Prize in International Insolvency Studies. The Prize in International Insolvency Studies comprises a Gold Medal Prize for the winning submission as well as a Silver Medal Prize, a Bronze Medal Prize, and several Finalist Prizes. The Prizes are accompanied by an honorarium for the Medal winners.
The III Prize is awarded for original legal research, commentary or analysis on topics of international insolvency and restructuring significance and on comparative international analysis of domestic insolvency and restructuring issues and developments. The Prize Competition is open to full and part-time undergraduate and graduate students and to practitioners in practice for five years or less. Entries must not have been published and must be available to be posted on the International Insolvency Institute website at www.iiiglobal.org. Entries will be judged by a jury of seven distinguished international academics. Medal-winning entries will be considered for publication in the Norton Journal of Bankruptcy Law and Practice (West) and for inclusion in the Westlaw electronic database. Submissions are traditionally scholarly length law review articles or chapters of a manuscript. Full-length manuscripts would not be appropriate; any submission more than 20,000 words will not be considered. Entries must be received by June 30, 2022.
The Gold Medal winner will be honored at the next in-person III Annual International Insolvency Conference. All Medal Winners and Finalists will be invited to attend that Conference and will be provided with complimentary Conference registration.
Medal Winners will also be nominated to Class XI of the III NextGen Leadership Program. For further details and the terms of the III Prize in International Insolvency Studies, please contact III Administrative Director Shari Bedker (firstname.lastname@example.org) or III NextGen Coordinator Brandi Gehman (email@example.com).
Summary of Terms and Conditions
The International Insolvency Institute (www.iiiglobal.org) will award its 2022 Prize in International Insolvency Studies, for outstanding writing, research or analysis in the insolvency field. The terms of the 2022 Prize Competition are as follows:
- Candidates must be full or part-time undergraduate or graduate students, researchers or practitioners in practice for less than five years. A CV should display the candidate's status.
- The article or research must be on an international or comparative insolvency topic and must be submitted in English.
- Articles or research in preparation for publication are eligible as long as they were not published.
- Candidates may submit only one contribution.
- The Jury may decide not to award the Prize if, in its opinion, no contribution of sufficient quality has been submitted.
- Entries must be eligible and available to be posted on the III website and published in the Journal of Bankruptcy Law and Practice (West and Westlaw).
- Articles must be submitted before June 30, 2022.
- Candidates will be informed of the final decision of the Jury on or before July 31, 2022.
- All contributions should be sent to the III c/o Shari Bedker at firstname.lastname@example.org and must be marked as submissions for the III Prize in International Insolvency Studies, 2022.
- The Gold Medal Prize will be US $3,000; the Silver Medal Prize will be US $2,000; the Bronze Medal Prize will be US $1,000; and up to 6 Finalist Prizes of US $500 may be awarded.
- The Gold Medal Winner will be invited to attend the next in-person III Annual Conference to present their work and the III will cover his/her reasonable travel expenses. All Medal Winners and Finalist Prize recipients may attend that Annual Conference and their Conference registration fees will be waived.