Restructuring & Antitrust in Times of COVID-19, Presented by III's EMEA Regional Committee
virtual event, no cost, please register at the link below
Thursday, April 29, 2021, 16:30 CEST
If You Have Questions, This Panel Has The Answers:
- What is the underlying rationale of the "failing firm defense" in merger control?
- Is this defense expected to become more used in M&A transactions during the months to come?
- Are competition law concepts of "failing firm" and "enterprise valuation" in line with similar concepts in insolvency law?
- Is competition law considering adequately the progressive sophistication of insolvency proceedings and the new restructuring and business sale instruments?
- Should bankruptcy courts be granted merger control competences as part of their jurisdiction?
- Adrian Thery, Partner at Garrigues and Head of its Restructuring & Insolvency Department
Miguel De La Mano, Executive VP at Compass Lexecon, Former Deputy Chief Competition Economist at the European Commission and former Acting Chief Economist at the UK Competition Commission
- Nicolaes Tollenaar, Partner at RESOR (Netherlands)
- Roberto Vallina
- Partner at Roca & Junyent and Head of its Competition Law Department