Ethan Birnberg represents clients across several industries, from middle market companies operating in the shale oil and energy industries, to RV park owners and luxury cruise tour operators. He is a litigator and frequently represents debtors, trustees, creditors, and receivers, predominantly for court-appointed receivers in Ponzi scheme cases. His expertise includes corporate restructuring, workouts and asset sales, advising management and officers regarding fiduciary duties, and all types of adversary proceedings.
Ethan’s clients benefit from his experience and knowledge of emerging business trends and their day-to-day operational and financial issues. Recognized as a leader of the next generation of bankruptcy practitioners, he frequently speaks at conferences, publishes articles, and is currently co-authoring a chapter on transnational business trends, chapter 15, and cross-border insolvencies.
Awards & Recognition
• Colorado Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2013-2016)
• Business Bankruptcy Specialist, certified by the American Board of Certification
• Next Generation Program Participant, National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges
• Next Generation Program Participant, International Insolvency Institute, Class V,
Tokyo, Japan (June 2016)
• Wyoming Bankruptcy Court Local Rules Committee, Member (2016-2018)
Financial Restructuring & Bankruptcy
Thomas Jefferson School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude)
University of California at Santa Barbara
(B.A., Law & Society; Global Peace and Security Minor; High Honors, Academic Award for Excellence)